The Science of Deduction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Science of Deduction

It's a BBC's Sherlock rpg forum. Come and join! :D

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Caffe Grana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
G. Lestrade

G. Lestrade

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 am

He paced nervously behind his seat, pushed up against the table where he'd left his most current case files and his jacket. It was pure luck, getting a table at this time of day; the coffee shop was a popular destination with both locals and tourists, and it was normally far more crowded. At least none of the Yarders would be there - the new Starbucks a few blocks in the other direction was getting most of their money at the moment.

Why am I in such a rush for him to arrive? This conversation can't possibly end well.

He'd texted Sherlock a little while ago, asked him to meet here. It was close enough to the Yard that he could make it there and back without taking too much time off work, and far enough out of Sherlock's normal habitat that they might be on even footing here.

Who am I kidding? He and I are never on equal footing; never will be.

It was important that they talk, though, and Lestrade had a sense that they might only be able to say everything that needed to be said if they were alone. That was why he'd made deliberately certain John would be occupied before texting Sherlock.

He drummed his fingers on the back of the chair, glancing up at the glass doors of the cafe every few seconds. Sherlock ought to be arriving any minute now, and the thought made him more anxious than he wanted to admit, even to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Sherlock had just received a text from Lestrade, telling him to go and join him at the Caffé Grana near Scotland Yard. He had sighed seeing how Watson was busy and obviously couldn't accompany him even though he'd beg him... And somehow, he felt that Lestrade had done this at that time on purpose...

He might be observant and clever enough to have planned this...though, of course, not as much as me but still..I know him.

He had shrugged then headed out his apartment. He was now walking down the street at a fast pace, wondering about what exact questions his long acquaintance would ask him... He had to admit, at least to himself, he was stressed and yet excited. It had been a long time ago they hadn't been the two of them together to talk...and he knew, it always seemed to make him say more than he wanted to... But yet, he kind of missed the good old time.... A BIT. Only...of course!

So, he grabbed the glass door's handle and flung it opened. He stepped into the little Caffé and immediately saw Lestrade staring right at him.

Drumming fingers...standing straight, not sitting...staring intensively....

''Are you stressed or anxious?''he asked, knowing too full well the answer.

He walked up to him and sat down on the other chair.

''I guess you have important reasons... What is it?''he asked, taking off his awesome black gloves. Yes, Sherlock wore black gloves, he knew it seemed..gay?... But there was a cold breeze outside and he thought best to protect himself... At least, try to.''And I see you wanted to talk in private with me, since it seems you planned for Watson to be busy when texting me, right? of course, I'm right!''
Back to top Go down
https://scienceofdeduction.forumsrpg.com
G. Lestrade

G. Lestrade

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 am

"Stressed or anxious, Sherlock?" he asked. Honestly, he'd never known anyone so intelligent and yet so oblivious. "When am I not stressed and anxious where you're concerned?"

There's no way he doesn't know I still worry about him.

"Look, I wanted to talk to you about - " your safety " - the case. And not just the case, also - " your safety " - John's safety."

Why can't I just say it?

He'll know it's implied.

Will he?

"We already know Moriarty has no problem making John a target. We know he can get to you if he wants, as close as he likes. Of course we have armed protection on you and John - no, don't protest, you're having it and that's final - and it would be ridiculous not to assume Mycroft is protecting you as well, but this is Moriarty we're talking about. Why is he playing around with us when he could easily strike a more cutting blow? And what can we do about it when he does?"
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:33 am

''Me?! No, not at all!''he exclaimed, though it was a lie. And it showed. He took a pause to register what Lestrade just had told him, though.''....Never.''

He still loves me, huh?....Right.

He sighed, then leaned in closer to Lestrade. Well, as close as one can when the other one is standing.

''My...''safety''?''he asked with a highly raised eyebrow, trying to comprehend what Lestrade meant with that.

Either killing or......Moriarty will try to.........

''....... You're either fearing I get killed or....''used'' in some ways against my consentment right? And you.......gosh...you think my safety is John?''

Why, I cannot blame him...think the same!!!!!!!!

''What bu----?!''he began to protest against the armed protection on him, but quickly stop because he knew Lestrade would want to finish. Yes, when he was alone with him he was a bit more ''attentive'' to what Lestrade wanted...

''Pff..Mycroft wouldn't. Unless he'd earn some prizes at the end... But anyways!...I....really....''

Don't know.

''Of course he'll have some twists in his plan! He always has! But....maybe...,No. Getting to him alone wouldn't do, he probably planned we'd try that. So, the best case-scenario would be to catch him at his own game. Not easy....''

He pouted then looked down, ashamed, when he thought that Moriarty had beaten him once... None had ever done it before....What said it couldn't happen again?... And then, he stared up, sad, at Lestrade.

''And when he does? There's not much to plan....we need to be there and act on instincts only. That's our best bet...Have anything else? Do you still worry about ''my safety''?''

SOmetimes..I wish we could talk....normally....without any case...like before.
Back to top Go down
https://scienceofdeduction.forumsrpg.com
G. Lestrade

G. Lestrade

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 pm

"It's the 'being there' that worries me, Sherlock," he said, tight-lipped because it was far too easy for Sherlock to read his thoughts in his face as it was. "How do I know you'll give me the opportunity? We both know what you're like - you know you'll run off without a word if you see a way to get at him. I'd say 'thank God you've got John,' but I know you'd leave him behind to keep him safe as well."

And he won't like it any more than I do.

Sherlock,
he thought, you never do quite understand that people actually care about you, do you?

"So here's what I want - need - to ask you, Sherlock. Don't keep me out of this one. Even if you think I'll slow you down, even if you think it won't be safe - I'll make that decision for myself. But if the only way to resolve this is to 'be there'... you have to let me. And the same goes for John."

All those words, just to answer that one question.

Yes.

Yes, I do still worry about your safety.

I worry about you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caffe Grana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caffe Grana   Caffe Grana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caffe Grana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Science of Deduction :: London :: The Streets, Shops & Restaurants-
Jump to: