The Science of Deduction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Science of Deduction

It's a BBC's Sherlock rpg forum. Come and join! :D

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur Moulinex Companion ...
600 €
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où ...
Voir le deal

A Not Too Happy Meeting

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

A Not Too Happy Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Sherlock, hands in his coat's pockets, was rushing past the many people on the streets, not even caring if he bumped into them or whatever. No, he was way too focused on the case, Moriarty and his anger toward Sally...

Why did she have to go at me and tell me such lies?! Pfff.... just trying to save her ass and she says I'm a fucking psychopath...so, now we know the blood's from another person...Oh, what a surprise! As if I hadn't deducted that one before...!! But the blood isn't registered, so..it'll be a bit harder to find but not that much....

Sadly, he was way too concentrated to noticed Watson by his side. But then, he crashed into a lady and her coffee or whatever drink she was holding went splash on the ground.
Back to top Go down
https://scienceofdeduction.forumsrpg.com
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:38 pm

Sally vaguely registers someone bash into her. She doesn't really bother to look at them: she's in a hurry, and to be frank, there's nothing to separate that person from the woman she walked into five minutes ago (other than that woman had significantly more padding, and a much dirtier mouth). It's a gut reaction, she supposes, to twist around and have a quick glance at the offender however, and when she spots the mess of dark curls and ridiculous over-dramatic coat, she stops in spite of herself. She almost says something, then remembers their agreement.
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:50 pm

Watson hadn't really been paying attention to where he was walking, like Sherlock, but he was the lucky one. He did not bump into Sally, unlike him.

He figured they would not be speaking, so he quickly spoke to Sally:

"Oh, my God, Sally! Are you okay? It was an accident, right..?" he turned to Sherlock, but shook his head and turned back to Sally. Sherlock would not be confirming his words, for sure. "It was an accident." he smiled at her.

Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

''Hmm...''was all Sherlock could ''say'' as Watson asked for his approval.

He wasn't too happy to see Donovan; not because he disliked her, no, far away from that.... but, you know....the agreement. Plus, the insult she had told him didn't help much... He just shrugged and looked elsewhere. Though, he was dying to engage a conversation; Sherlock loved to talk, so, it was hard.
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 pm

"Well that's good," Sally tells John, smiling, and resolutely ignoring the man standing beside him. "How're you? I mean, I realise no one walked into you, but..."
This is ridiculous! And childish.
They're still standing in the middle of the streets, people pouring past them. She gives the doctor a sheepish smile.
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:24 pm

John smiled at Sally and nodded politely.

Well, what should I do? She is cool and he is fighting with her. I can't take sides.

"Oh, I'm good. We're both.. good", that was his lame attempt to get Sally and Sherlock to talk to each other again.

He then looked from Sherlock to Sally. "Yes, good.." he mumbled mostly to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

SHerlock glanced neutrally at Watson, and sighed.

How useless is this...

''What an interesting meeting!!!''he exclaimed dramatically and mostly sarcastically, his two arms in the air.'' So, I shall go now...!! Excuse me...!''

He walked a few steps away, but then he froze on the spot. He wasn't totally sure he wanted to leave...and maybe Sally had info about the murder....

Yes!!!

He quickly and suddenly turned round, scaring most people surrounding him, and asked Sally : ''Have you got news about the murder? That's the only reason I'll talk with you, before you ask a stupid question. Like always.''

Play it smart..play it bitch..don't let her get to you....
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:50 pm

"You mean Sherlock Holmes doesn't know something about the murder?"
Childish. Very childish.
She contemplates him, taking a sip from the cup in her hand. A grin creeps onto her face, her tongue making a brief appearance between her teeth as she revels in the knowledge that she has something Sherlock doesn't know.
I hope John didn't think the tongue was meant to be provocative...oh, he's going to think me and Sherlock - no. No he won't. He knows we hate each other.
Oh my god. He will.

"I don't see how a stupid police seargent could help with that."
That tone of voice is not helping the situation!
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:05 am

"No, Sherlock-", he groaned as his friend was about to leave, completely ruining his attempt to get into better terms with Sally, but then, to his delight, Sherlock turned back.

Well, at least he's talking, that's something.

He looked from Sherlock to Sally again and raised his eyebrows at Sally's seemed-to-be smug grin.

As Sally mentioned the word "stupid", it was John's time to turn back to Sherlock as if to gesture that he should say something nice, which he wouldn't do.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:39 am

Sherlock squinted at Sally, not believing she was actually mocking him meanly...Well, she did it all the time but he had thought the murder case could at least bring them to talk nice; it seemed for once he was mistaken. Though, he'd not admit it...

''Oh, I do. Don't take me wrong; I could get all the lab info I needed just like that, but thought you MIGHT appreciate me acting like I could learn something from you...but as always, Sally, you dislike everything I do........''

DO IT!

''Do you know how much it hurts, Sally?''he said in a voice actually filled with sorrow.

Otherwise she'll never listen to you, never help you, and you won't be able to protect her...DO IT!!

As he past by John, walking up to be closer to Sally, he shot him a glance that meant : ''Don't interefere. You will be shocked, I warned. And I'll explain later.'' Yes, they were so used of being together that they had learned to communicate through looks... Nice, isn't it?!

''Sally?... You know how I've tried to be nice to you...make it up to you... You know, right? All that time spent with you... Do you know why?! DO YOU KNOW WHY?!?!''he shouted, shaking her by the shoulders *Sherlock had always been a drama queen*, with eyes wide opened as if super hurt emotionally.''I love you, Sally!''

((IN YOUR TEETH! XDDDD THAT's what I was talking about Wink ))
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 am

She had never before properly understood the meaning of the term 'speechless', or 'shocked'.
Sherlock loves me! What?
What do I do? Is this another pretence? Even if it is, you can't risk sneering at him. What if it's true? What if it's true...God.
Closing your mouth would probably be a start.

Sally follows her own internal advice, shutting her mouth, which had fallen open; although she seems unable to keep her eyes from staring.
Help! Well, I suppose I don't mind him...
You can't say that! 'I like you...' is the worst possible answer to that.
Well, it's never bothered you in the past, and he can be horrible to you. Those other men were vaguely nice.
But he loves me. Maybe. Help me. God, help me. Anyway, I was trying to stop being so bitchy.
WHAT DO I SAY???
You could just run.
You'll have to face him sometime.
But you could run now.
Come on Sally. Man up.

"I'm sorry," she stammers, reeling backwards a little, so that his outstretched fingertips just brush her arms. "I...I don't know what to - "
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 am

John was confused. Where was Sherlock going with this?

Ok, fine, stay out of it. That's what he must mean. Well, I wasn't exactly gonna jump in between you two or anything...

His eyebrows rose so high and his eyes widened as he heard Sherlock Holmes, the Sherlock Holmes, confess his love to Sally Donovan.

He watched in amazement.

Is it true? If yes, Moriarty is gonna be jealous.. Who am I rooting for here, again? Would I still have to be the maid of honor..? No, 'cause Sally is a girl. I'd be the Best man. Or I'd better be, at least.

He just stood there and watched as Sally was struggling to find the right words.

If he kisses her, I'm taking a picture as evidence.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 am

As she stepped back and stuttered, his pitifully stared at the ground.

''Another rejection... I see....''

He looked up at Sally with tears in his eyes though he wiped his face with his coat's sleeve, trying to not show it and mumbled a sad ''it's okay.'' He sighed and kept back a sob *though it had been hearable for a second*, then approached her again and while staring deep into her eyes, he said :

''You know why I tried to get you away from that...that n-nurse? It's not because I like him...because I love you! And please...understand...the agreement for not talking to me again...Was because I don't know how to handle all this! I DON'T KNOW! And..and....''

He was now walking in circles, stressed out, trying to find a way to explain it all.

''I'm targeted. So...I....I tried to push you away just so you wouldn't get hurt. Do you get that?! Do you actually GET that?! I just wanted to protect you...!!!Do you get it?...''

He now had stopped and was staring, pleadingly, deep into her brown eyes with his own piercing blue ones.

''Do you still hate me? Do you still dislike me that much? If so, then it hurts like you wouldn't imagine...''
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:32 pm

I never thought in a million years I would ever have this conversation. Still, I think some damage limitation is needed.
"Sherlock?" Sally says, trying to regain some form of composure, whilst wondering if this was some very odd dream from which she would wake momentarily and be extrememly disturbed. Her hand moves rather tentatively to touch his arm: the action feels very odd, but she feels some form of comforting is probably necessary.
He either needs comforting, or an Oscar and a slap.
"I've never hated you," she stammers, licking her lips nervously. "Strong dislike, yes, but I suppose," she pauses, very loath to tell him this, but it might cheer him up, she supposes "only because I was - am - jealous. In a way...I mean you do whatever you like, you can solve crimes in an instant, and you always looked down on me, like I needed reminding that I was inferior. That didn't feel good, it might surprise you to know, although maybe you're not very sympathetic right now."
She takes a breath, feeling frankly ridiculous. This was like a big love scene in a movie. Life wasn't meant to be like this.
"I can understand what you're saying, yeah. Um...and I don't really dislike you. I do kind of like you. Recently. It's just your attitude keeps changing, and you've got to understand that it looked like you were pretending. So, I'm sorry I was snappy."
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

There he was, standing in the middle of some potentially epic love scene *or not*, and he didn't even have anything to eat.

Of course the thought that Sherlock and his friendship didn't mean as much to him as it did to John crossed his mind. If he'd be willing to lie *possibly* and do whatever it takes to keep Sally safe, what about him, then? Sure, if Sherlock loved her, and she was in real danger, that came first, but even a teeny-weeny bit of a warning would have been nice for him, too. But he quickly looked back at the.. couple in front of him. This was their moment.. Though, he did not feel as if they even notice him, so not much to ruin by not paying attention.

As Sally touched Sherlock, John knew it was his time to back off. He saw an ice cream stand across the street.

"Why not?" he mumbled to himself, walked off, bought a chocolate ice cream cone and walked back to Sherlock and Sally.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 5:58 pm

''Hm?''was all he could manage to reply as she said his name.

He looked at her hand on his arm, then right at her with a pitiful and questioning look such as : Did you really dare do this? I'm surprised.... He listened closely to everything she had to say and waited until she was done to actually say something *which was so unlike him*.

''I...I... see! Then, it's better than hate...''and he tried for a cute and shy smile.''...Jealous? Are you serious? How interesting is that....sorry....I.. I don't mind your answers...th-they're sincere....And, I did that because...I guess it was affectionate teasing...not...really bad...plus you know how I love to prove I'm clever and...this seemed so perfect, I mean..I could tease and talk to you......and you'd notice me....maybe not nicely, but still....''

He glanced at her, then quickly looked at the ground and tapped his foot on it multiple times, as if he didn't know what else to say.

''L-Like me?! Really?!''

If one could smile, this one beat it all!!!

''I..I..know..but...I'm stressed. I..argh, I hate to admit it... But I know Moriarty's after me..and....he'll...well..I'm targeted and I care for you. So I thought maybe pushing you away would work...but I felt so bad that you seemed to hate me then....that....You see? It wasn't mean....and you say I never care....not true...I do...just well hidden...And it's....it's okay, thank you for the apologies.''

He stared at her with his piercing blue eyes and approached a bit more, though this time, he took her hand in his *the one that was on his arm*.

''Do you...still see Anderson? I mean.... I.... Wanna know why it annoys me? It's just....I can't get it through my mind that a woman such as you...take it as a compliment....would do such low things....married man...I..just..no!....And I'm ...jealous...too....but in a different way than you, I guess...And please, listen to me..if you see this nurse again...walk away!!!..........''

He gulped and released her hand, totally at lost with how to act now.

''I...I...hope it's not all too bad with you..... I just..care. All this was..affection ...and the only way, knowing I'm a sociopath, I could get to talk with you and make you notice me... hope you're not mad.''
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:32 pm

"Right," Sally says, not entirely comfortable with the conversation still, but deciding to make the best of a very weird situation. "Well, Anderson," she gives a wry smile, "I don't know. Maybe it's the secrecy: you know, the adrenaline in not getting caught...doing something wrong but no one knowing. I don't know. Most people have found out by now, so I don't know. Habit, maybe."
I can't believe you just said that! I mean, I wouldn't call what you and Anderson have love...but you shouldn't talk about him like that to Sherlock. He'll be so horrible to him.
She tries to steer the subject away from her co-worker.
"Anyway. I suppose we could be nice to each other."
She pats his arm comfortingly, giving a really quite friendly, warm smile. He was a lot cuter than she'd ever imagined he was capable of being.
No one's told me they loved me for a long time.
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:14 am

It is very lovely when I don't exist. Though, it isn't that bad. At least now I don't have to be included in their fights.

He took a bite of his ice cream, not really paying attention to what he was doing. "Ow, brain freeze", he groaned to himself.

Is the scene over now?

He watched as Sally patted Sherlock's arm.

Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:34 am

''No. It's habit. And also because you've got no one else..well..you thought so...''he said, not controlling his own habit of always telling the truth about other people's lives *Hey! Sherlock is Sherlock still...*, before giving a look at his coat in shyness.

He had never been good at relationships so he wasn't going to tell her she had him now, though. So, he just lightly implied it... Sherlock looked up as she patted him on the arm, actually liking the feeling even though it seems so strange to him....

''Y-Yeah...I guess....It..would be great...''he stammered, a sad expression on his face.

He tried for a smile then approached her and took her hands in his.

''Please....since you just said you could be nice...be nice with this.... stay....away from me the best you can. I... I do not wish..something bad to happen to you a-and.... do NOT talk to that nurse ever again...you got me? Yeah, well...you do , but I meant...understood....SORRY! ARGH!....I so....well...We can talk..but only on professional terms..I..I mean..on the crime scenes and such...Otherwise, don't come near me....okay?''he explained and asked with such piercing and sincere blue eyes none could have believed he could look like it.

''Oh and John...I already told you NOT to eat ice cream so fast..you always get a freeze brain...''he added, not taking his eyes off Sally's.
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:50 am

Wow. Is he actually this nice? Did he just imply that I have someone else now?
Why does that actually sound good?! Unbelievable, Sally Donovan...

Sally finds herself staring at her own feet, swinging their entwined hands, and pressing her lips together in something inbetween awkwardness and being really quite pleased. She manages to look up at him after a few seconds, and is grateful to find that her gaze is quite steady. She brings her head up, straightens her shoulders, and clears her throat.
"Of course," she tells him, her voice reverting to its policewoman professional tone. She lets go of his hands swiftly - if with a pang of reluctance - and addresses him with as much dignity as she can muster. "I assume, Mr Holmes, that you're interested in seeing the results of the blood test," she says, unable to resist a little smile at the absurdity of calling him 'Mr Holmes', something she had never done in her life. She turns to John, and addresses him similarly. "You're very welcome too, Dr Watson, if you can be of help."
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:59 am

Sherlock is going hot and cold. First he is all "I love you" and now he wants her to stay away from him. Sorry, but that's weird. Though, if she is in danger..

"I know", John sighed at Sherlock's advice in a very child-like "just-done-something-you're-not-supposed-to-and-got-caught" kind of way.

But he continued to eat the ice cream the way he had. Like he always did.

"Thanks", he said at Sally as she adressed him and turned back to his ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:05 pm

"Fine."he said, gulping from relief.

He looked at their hands as she untangled them; he wasn't....Well, he didn;t know what he was feeling but he knew he wasn't too happy about this. But as soon as Sally adressed him professionaly, he straightened up and a wave of relief hit him.

Aw, she understood! Perfect..Great! MAGNIFICENT!

"Yes, I am. Tell me."he assured, not being able to prevent himself from raising an eyebrow at the Mr. Holmes... She had never done it before, but taking the circumstances, it was better that way." And of course, Watson will be of some help."

He winked at his companion and awaited the blood test results.
Back to top Go down
Sally Donovan

Sally Donovan

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:14 pm

"Right," Sally says, a little more in her element. This was like dealing with any potential outside help now. "I can tell you that the blood on the wall was different to Hamish Dale's - him being O positive, and that on the wall, being B negative, much rarer. Only about 2% of the population have it, so it makes narrowing down the source vaguely easier. I think it's easier if I take you back to Scotland Yard and get you copies of the results. I'm sure DI Lestrade will allow it."
She gestures down the street in the direction she had initially been headed, her pristine smile pinned in place.
Hurry up. You should have been back ages ago.
Back to top Go down
John Watson

John Watson

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Of course I will be of some help? Cool.

"Are we going there now?" he asked Sherlock. He had no idea of the situation. Were Sherlock and Sally.. friends now? Together? Like teeangers who have crushes? Was the Moriarty/Sherlock wedding cancelled?

This ice cream makes me think weird things..

He walked closer to Sherlock and Sally and really wished that Sherlock would explain at least something to him better than just giving him signs with his looks.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Admin
Sherlock Holmes

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Sherlock kept on nodding as Sally explained the blood types and all.

"Well! That really narrows it down!! Perfect! Let's go! It'll be useful..."he exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air dramatically.

They walked alongside for a while toward the police station. Though, sometimes he glanced at Sally, with a cute, tiny and complice smile on his face. He hoped that<d make her shy...it'd just be too funny. But at the same time, his mind was running to try and find some people matching the description of the blood...

And I was soooo totally right! It was the blood of someone else....But of COURSE I was right! DAH!

"Yes, we are.."he mumbled to Watson, though it was useless since they were already walking toward the police office."And Watson.... I know you want me to explain things to you. It shows in your features and all. You want to ask me why I am trying my best to protect Sally and not you, right? Since it seems weird I won't protect my companion first...right?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Not Too Happy Meeting   A Not Too Happy Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Not Too Happy Meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Science of Deduction :: London :: The Streets, Shops & Restaurants-
Jump to: